Did you know that more than half of total stroke deaths occur in women? And, that at all ages, more women than men die of stroke?
If you are like most women, chances are you go to great lengths to take care of others and not burden friends and family with your health concerns. By knowing the signs and symptoms of a stroke, you could save a life – maybe even yours.
Signs and Symptoms of a Stroke
1. Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
2. Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
3. Sudden trouble seeing or blurred vision in one or both eyes
4. Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
5. Sudden severe headache with no known cause
If you, or someone you love, experiences even one of these, quick action is needed. Within five minutes, call 9-1-1. With stroke, time is of the essence. Time lost = brain lose.
To learn more about current efforts and to show your legislators that these health issues are important to you, please visit our Take Action center to send your supportive message today and encourage others to send a message through Facebook