« Back to Events
Monday, 11:58 PM – 11:59 PM
A healthy diet and lifestyle are your best weapons in the fight against heart disease. Make it your Nutrition Month mission to learn & share important tips and information as we work together to help all Americans eat healthier for their hearts!
Take action this month by:
1) Learning about food desserts and helping us educate lawmakers about the barriers to healthy eating many communities face. Read this article and share it with your local, state, and federal lawmakers on Twitter or Facebook.
2) Tweeting or posting about 'The Salty Six' on Twitter or Facebook to raise awareness about the six popular foods that can add excess salt to your diet. Here's a sample message you can use... What #HealthyHabits will you adopt during #NutritionMonth? How about a #SaltSwitch for the ‘Salty Six’? bit.ly/1fbkYAd
3) Sharing our 'Daily Tips to Help Your Family Eat Better" with friends and family on social media! There is one for each day, so just copy, paste and post!
4) Wondering if you are eating healthy? Take our quiz to test your nutrition IQ.
5) Trying to cooking some new heart-healthy recipes!