Here's a great story you may have missed that was in the Detroit News recently :
It was supposed to be a relaxing evening for Garfield Drennan on that cold, late January night. Just before he sat down to watch TV, Drennan’s 69-year-old heart simply stopped. When his wife with the help of their dog heard him gurgle and discovered his face turning blue, she called 911. Alex Johns, a paramedic who lives across the street from them in Clawson, rushed over and for more than 15 minutes used chest-only CPR on Drennan. Other paramedics arrived and shocked Drennan’s heart twice, bringing him back, albeit with a few cracked ribs. Click here to read the rest of the article about CPR on the Detroit News website!
SEE A VIDEO, SAVE A LIFE
You can prepare yourself to act in an emergency by simply viewing the Hands-Only® CPR instructional video.